In the right-side lateral valley of the Kászon-stream, 8 km from Szentlélek lies Kézdiszárazpatak. The road entering the village leads through an enormous wooden sekler-post. In writing the village was first mentioned in 1311.
At that time the settlement was inhabited by free nomads who had fought together with the seklers later becoming the serfs of the Apor family. The village pertained to the Upper-Fahér comitatus until 1876, when it was attached to Háromszék. The inhabitants of the village are Roman-Catholic, they had built their modern church in the room of the medieval one in 1798, naming it after Saint Bertalan.
The building peculiarity is the stone wall erected around the sanctuary. On the square before the church stands the Monument of the Heroes, which honors the memory of those lost in the war of independence and the two World Wars. It was around the middle of the 18th century that the first school began its activity at Szárazpatak.Even before the reforming of the educational system – commenced by Mary Terezia in 1777 – an educational system, in an institutionalized manner had been working in the village. The building currently used by the school was finished in 1967, and took the name of the great son of Szárazpatak, that of Ópra Benedek in 2001. Near the school, in the foreground of the communal home a statue had been erected in 2006 in honor of bishop Márton Áron.
The past of the village is closely linked to that of the Pótsa family, many of the family members being patrons of the settlement throughout the ages. Their former home is the lions of the area, their present tenants have maintained the building’s original form. The mansion built in late-classical style is situated on the lower side of the village. The traditionally the structures are built of wood in the friendly, simplistic sekler settlement.
Their houses with porches, simple shingle roofed gates, are bare of any traditional motifs, as opposed to other sekler settlements. The village’s water-mill had been built in the 19th century, the building being declared a monument 50 years ago, consequently today it can been seen in its original form.