Only a kilometer from the village’s center, to the North lies Kiskászon, at the foot of the Perkő mountain. Its first mentioning originates from 1567. The village used to belong to the late Upper-Fehér county, it was officially attached to Háromszék comitatus in 1877. Being part of the regal county it was the village of the Apor-realms border-lands. During the line-up of the sekler border-patrol its strategic importance had increased, because the highway heading to Kászonszék and Csíkszék lead through here.
The settlement currently registering 300 inhabitants was home to 1200 locals 100 years earlier. In spite of the low headcount, the village has its own school and kindergarten, pupils can even attend elementary school here. The population is Roman-Catholic, their church was erected in 1985 in honor of Saint Margit of the Árpád-house.
The village’s main tourist attraction is the Pilgrims Commemorative House. The building itself, with its traditional sekler outlook is interesting, the permanent exhibition housed inside displays the material of the pilgrimages: flags, bells, smaller object, prayer-transcriptions, song and prayer-books.
The most valuable pieces of the exhibition are a wooden Holy Mary statue from the second half of the 18th century and a wooden crucifix originating from the beginning of the 19th century. Near the Commemorative House, taking the dirt-road the bridge of the Perkő mountain can be reached, most of the pilgrims themselves preferring this path leading to the Saint Steven’s chapel.
Kiskászon is renowned for its mineral-water springs, the tasty water is widely consumed. In former times the pilgrims used to stop here to ease their thirst, it was believed that the waters had extraordinary powers.